The signature of Johan Paulus Vogt

Friday, November 19, 2010

One Small Step...

So here it is, the first post to the Vaught Family History blog. Just to give you an overview of what I hope to accomplish here, this blog will be mainly a vessel for spreading the history of our family to anyone who is interested.
This blog isn't going to be my random thoughts, digitized. We'll be able to share information, stories, photographs, documents, and ideas on our families, the research process---especially those brick walls out there---and hopefully have some fun on the way. This blog will be many things, a place for collecting family stories and traditions, pictures, and anything else related to the Vaughts (and any family married into the Vaught line). I'm currently writing a book about our family history, so I'm sure bits and pieces of that will end up here as well.
In the course of my research into our family, I've encountered numerous websites and volunteers who have helped me. Through this site, I hope to "pay it forward" a bit and see if maybe I can't help others out there. You don't have to be researching one of our specific families---most of the techniques and tips family historians use today apply to just about everyone!
Hopefully, in time, this site will act as a compendium of knowledge about our families, a collective work to be shared so that the memory of our ancestors will be passed on to future generations.
With that, I look forward to sharing with you our common family history.

No comments:

Post a Comment